expected to comply with these rules at all times during their stay. Outdoor School staffs are expected to uniformly and consistently enforce these safety rules at all times with all students.
1. Stay with your group. If you are on resource, stay with your class. If you are in the cabin area, stay with your cabin group.
2. Walk with your assigned “buddy” when you are moving around the site.
3. Stay out of streams and ponds. It’s safer for you and better for the environment.
4. Leave all rocks, sticks, and cones on the ground. Throwing things can harm others and disturb the wildlife.
5. WALK wherever you go. There are rocks, roots, and other things on the trails that make it important for you to walk slowly and carefully. Also, quick movements frighten wildlife!
6. Stay in your cabin during ALL CABIN TIMES. If you need to see the nurse or leave the cabin, talk to your Student Leader first.
7. Wear your nametag at all times. People want to know who you are and they like to call you by your name.
8. Practice the “Environmental Manners” and “Cabin Etiquette”. Leave the Outdoor School site in the same condition that you found it.
9. Be a good listener. Listen carefully ... when staff members talk, they are saying something you need to hear!
10. Contact a staff member, immediately, if someone is sick or hurt.
11. Take to Outdoor School only those items that are mentioned on your packing list. All personal possessions that are not allowed in your school, are also not allowed at Outdoor School. So... please leave those things at home!