The MESD Outdoor School Program provides innovative and collaborative leadership which enables our Districts' students to learn science and interpersonal skills in order to meet the diverse needs of a changing world.
The Outdoor School Program's Mission is:
• Teach field-based science concepts as they relate to natural resources This instruction is hands-on and meaningful for real life.
• Provide instruction that promotes critical thinking and collaboration.
• Extend science instruction beyond the classroom.
• Implement a variety of planned activities that provide opportunities for participation in cooperative living experiences, performing arts, recreation, and structured events.
• Provide for the safety, physical and medical needs of all students.
• Promote self-esteem, leadership and confidence in sixth grade and high school students.
• Practice gender/ethnic equity and honor and promote diversity and multicultural awareness.
• Teach interpersonal skills and provide opportunities for the application of these skills across a variety of settings.
• Address the needs of all learners regardless of individual learning differences or challenged conditions.
• Treat each student and staff person with dignity and respect