Each morning, when your students prepare for cabin inspection, have them put their pajamas or night-clothes inside their sleeping bag and have the zippers face the center of the room.
Program leaders do a daily bed check for BZ’s and arrange to have the nurse remove the sleeping bag and the night clothes. The bag and clothes are washed, dried and returned before cabin time.
If the bag does not return on time, or if another student asks what happened, explain that the zipper broke (BZ) and it is being repaired or a substitute will be brought into the cabin.
- Stop giving fluid items to the child one hour before bedtime. (Campfire time)
- Make sure the student goes to the bathroom as your students prepare for bed after campfire.
- After your evening meetings, wake up the student and take them to the bathroom when you prepare for bed.
- Honor the feelings of the child by trying to remove his or her stresses and anxieties, thus providing the child a calm and secure feeling.
- Make sure you arrange with a program leader or the nurse for the student to take a private shower and have a private place to change if bedwetting occurs.