Students and student leaders are encouraged to show their cabin unity, and often Student Leaders will bring articles of clothing or use other non-permanent methods of identifying the members of their cabin as members of a team. The time following field study normally taken up by snack is available for cabins to get ready for Field Day. Notice this is a very short amount of time, and cabin unity displays should not become so involved that they delay Field Day.
Inappropriate cabin unity items include, but are not limited to:
- Using pens to mark skin or clothing.
- Ripping or tearing clothing.
- Hair coloring.
- Violent or offensive slogans.
- Going without pants, or shirts, etc.
- Wearing of live animals.
WHAT IS OKAY?
- Wear the same color.
- Ask permission to pull some English Ivy and wear it as crowns.
- Turn your clothes inside out.
- Wear hats.
- Make and carry a banner.
- Develop a Cabin Cheer.
- Wear miss-matched shoes.
- Develop a “Group Walk” and use it to get from pace to place during Field Day.