No staff member or student is permitted to use tobacco at any time, on district premises, in district vehicles or at any MESD sponsored event.
Tobacco advertising and possession of tobacco paraphernalia, at any time, is also prohibited in all district-sponsored publications and at all district sponsored events.
- “District premises” means any building, facility, school grounds, athletic grounds or parking lot owned, leased, rented or chartered by the district.
- “District vehicle” means any vehicle owned, leased, rented or chartered by the district.
- “Tobacco” means any lighted or unlighted cigarette, cigar, pipe, bidi, clove cigarette and any other smoking product, as well as spit tobacco, also known as smokeless, dip, chew and snuff in any form.
- “Tobacco paraphernalia” means any clothing, bag, hat or other personal item that displays, promotes or advertises a tobacco product.
- “Use of tobacco” means to smoke, inhale, dip or chew tobacco.
Notice will be given to students, families, staff and visitors of the tobacco-free policy in handbooks, newsletters and on posted signs.